Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Other artist friends welcome. Let us know if you'd like to join us. Send your contact info to rosanna at rodotpetraliaatgmaildotcom or add comment in this post. We will let you know if the hike is cancelled/rescheduled for bad weather.
Meeting: 10AM at the preserve's parking lot between Skyline (HWY35) and Alpine Road. Although there is plenty of space, carpooling is encouraged to diminish environmental impact and foster socialization. Again, email rosanna to coordinate.
Looking forward an art day out in the wilderness.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Butano Canyon, March 27th, 2009
[...] All the social bridges that might already exist or need to be built between people within the community, between man and nature, between rural life and technology, between us and the image of us, and so on, become less insurmountable through art. I saw all these artist friends as the creative force for a large common art project that could express in general the place and time in which we all live. I said as much to the group, and everyone was excited about the idea. Arte Motu was born.We decided to call the project "Where We Are" and the word Arte Motu, or "art-quake", paradoxically indicated that where we are is not a static place, but ever changing; that art can reflect these changes, and in so doing deepen our appreciation and understanding of what we have.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Today is Holiday Fair Day:
1. La Honda Holiday Fair is today at the Fire Station in La Honda, CA
2. Swanton Holiday Fair continues at Swanton Berry Farm, Davenport, CA: Arte Motu artists Beth Ross and Glenn Kimmel are there. You will also be able to see our friends Erika Perloff and Deborah Morrison and their amazing art (respectively pastel drawing/painting and ceramics).
and, last but not least
3. Pescadero Holiday Fair, at the IDES Hall in Pescadero, CA: here is where our Arte Motu table was selling yesterday as it will today. Delma Soult, Nathalie Fabri, and Rosanna Petralia will be there to tend the table and greet you.
We have notecards, 2011 calendars, t-shirts, posters, mugs, prints, and original art by Arte Motu artists. We also have a raffle: an Art Basket, retail value $150, each ticket is $5.
The basket includes:
1. 1 FABRIANO Sketch Book
2. set of 6 drawing pencils
3. set of 4 drawing ink pens
4. set of 25 oil pastels
5. a $30 gift certificate to Lenz Art in Santa Cruz
6. 2 Capradero t-shirts
Sooo... , come over to visit, invite your friends and family to see the Holiday Fairs along the coast! Support Arte Motu, Slow Coast, and the LH Fire Brigade!!!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Pescadero Holiday Fair
this Saturday or Sunday, December 4-5, 2010
10am - 4pm
IDES Hall, Stage Rd
Pescadero, CA 94020
ARTE MOTU will feature
cards, calendars, prints, original art, and other authored items
for giving unique gifts these Holidays!